Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Madelynn was born...



On February 9, 2007 at 6:31 am. If you're on myspace you've seen my post there, but I'm just going to copy and paste it to here so everyone else can read her story...There's also a picture here that we used for the announcements, so if you didn't get one then consider it done now LOL...

Well, it's official we are no longer part of the American Dream lol, we've got too many kiddos :)
Madelynn Paige was born at 37 weeks 1 day and weighed in at 8lbs 7oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. I went to the hospital w/ contractions on Thursday morning at 10:30 and stayed, they induced w/ pitocin at about 3 or so and broke my water around 5:30-6:00. She wasn't born until Friday morning at 6:31. Let me tell you, God is AMAZING. We thought at 4:00 am. that we would have to have a c-section, b/c things had stopped, not many contractions and they calmed down drastically, so I sent Chris for the kids to take to my mom's (they were w/ a babysitter who had to work that morning at 6:30) he left at 5:30 am. My contractions came back w/ a vengence at 5:40 and I called screaming at him to hurry, the dr. was on her way to deliver...of course he's flippin out now lol...
he walked in as i was pushing and had to wait in the waiting room until my mom came b/c again we had no babysitter lol...when he got back to my room i pushed twice and there she was! My epi. wore off so I of course felt everything! and OUCH that's rough!! but, as I said God is amazing in his ways, her cord had been wrapped around her neck which is probably the reason my body hadn't taken over to cause labor to progress and deliver earlier as we had hoped...

No comments: